Florida Department of Health (FDOH) Taylor coordinates the Taylor County School Health Program in collaboration with the Taylor County School District providing health services to students in Taylor County. The Mission of the Taylor County School Health Program is to appraise, protect and promote the Health and Wellness of Students and Families. The Taylor County School Health Program serves children and students Pre-K through 12th grade
The services provided are a set of local strategies that are part of an organized system which plans, provides, reports and assesses school health services. FDOH Taylor Nurses attend school meetings with parents and school staff to develop individual student health plans and to determine health services needed. FDOH Taylor nurses and health aides work hard to make sure that schools are safe and have healthy environments in which students can learn.
Our goal is to improve the health of Taylor County students and improve student success in school. The strength of the Taylor County School Health Program can be found in its innovative, giving, competent and compassionate staff.
Some important information for Parents of students entering school:
- Vaccines and Physical will need to be up to date
- If your child requires prescription medication during the school day, please provide the school with a medication authorization form (your school will provide you with one).
- Please inform the school of any special health care needs that your child may need at school. They will give you appropriate paperwork to fill out if necessary.
- The school nurse is available on-site to assist you in planning your child's care during the school day.
- Please make sure that the school has current emergency contact numbers for your child.
- It is very important to review with your child the importance of good hygiene: good handwashing skills, avoid sharing combs, hairbrushes, hats or anything that comes in direct contact with hair.
- Healthy students are better able to learn.
For information regarding COVID-19 and the District Response please go to our COIVD-19 web page.
District Wellness Plan located below.