Taylor County School District's Department of Student Services believes that all students should be encouraged and supported in their effort to reach their individual potential. We understand that young people have needs that cannot be met by an academic program alone and that emphasis must be placed on the whole child. We seek to develop a desire and ability in each student to think and act in the best interest of himself and his community. Our department coordinates the development of 504 plans, school counseling/mental health services, School Social Work Services, and School Psychology services in an effort to support the overall development of students.
Contact Information for the District Exceptional Student Education Office, located in the Wentworth Administrative Complex.
318 North Clark Street, Perry, FL 32347 Phone: 850-838-2536 Fax: 850-838-2537
Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Additional Information and Resources
Section 504 is a civil rights law (Rehabilitation Act of 1973) that has been amended over time. It prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities. Section 504 ensures that the child with a disability has equal access to an education. To learn more about Section 504 please use the following links.
1. A Parent and Teacher's Guide to Section 504: Frequently Asked Questions
2. Section 504 of the Parent Center Hub
3. Guiding Principles for Section 504 Committees on Students with Individual Health Care Plans (IHCPs)
4. Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 - District Implementation Guide
5. Section 504 - Accommodation Plan for Postsecondary Adult/Vocational Education Students
6. Frequently Asked Questions about 504
7. Florida DOE Training related to 504
8. The Taylor County 504 Grievance Procedures Form can be downloaded by clicking below in the Grievance Section of the Forms link on the left hand side of the screen
The Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) Portal is an online resource for teachers, parents and students to become more familiar with the new Florida Assessments. One of the features of this online resource is the training tests. These training tests will afford teachers, parents and students the opportunity to become familiar with the assessment questions format and get use to the computer-based test (CBT) delivery system.